Request an Interlibrary Loan
If you can’t find what you’re looking for in the PINES catalog, you can try requesting it through an Interlibrary Loan (ILL). ILL allows us to borrow books from non-PINES libraries in Georgia and out of state. Any OKRLS patron with a library card in good standing may request books or journal articles through ILL.
How long will it take to get my item?
The turnaround time for ILL material depends on the location of the lending library. Items from within Georgia may take 1-2 weeks to arrive, while materials from outside of Georgia take longer. Please keep this in mind if you have a deadline for your request.
- Any OKRLS patron with a current and unblocked library card may request ILL material.
- Patrons may have up to 5 total ILL requests and check-outs at one time.
- OKRLS does not charge patrons or other libraries for ILL materials, but lending libraries might. You will be notified if a lending library does charge.
- ILL renewals must be requested 7 days in advance by contacting ILL staff at: firstname.lastname@example.org. The lending library has the right to deny a renewal.
- Patron is responsible for the replacement costs of any lost items, which is determined by the owning library.
- We cannot request DVDs or any AV materials, new books, or whole magazines. Some genealogical and older materials may be difficult to obtain, but we can submit the request and wait for a response.