Wireless Copyright Notice
Under U.S. Copyright Law, Title 17, Section 106(3)-(4), it is ILLEGAL to use the library’s wireless or hard-wired internet service to download or share copyrighted materials such as music, movies, or TV shows to your personal device or the library’s computers without the consent of the copyright owner. This includes Peer-to-Peer file sharing, such as BitTorrent, as well as other file sharing or downloading software. Illegally downloading materials as listed above can result in being blocked from internet access and reported. When caught illegally downloading or sharing these files, legal penalties can be severe.
Acceptable Wireless Use Agreement
Approved by Regional Board 11-7-2011
Users of the OKRLS wireless network must agree to the following:
1. Wireless users must not attempt to access or damage the library’s network.
2. While using the OKRLS connection, wireless users may not use the internet in any way that violates a Federal or State Law, including but not limited to copyright, fraud, obscenity, harassment, and privacy legislation.
3. Wireless users must not behave in a manner that is disruptive to other library patrons or library staff.
4. Earphones must be used a device is producing sound.
5. Printing is not available from personal wireless devices.
6. Wireless users are responsible for the wireless connectivity of their own laptop computer or other device and for bringing a fully charged battery, since public electric outlets may not be available.
7. Laptop power cables must not be used or left in the open or along the floor where library patrons may trip or fall as a result of coming in contact with them.
8. Library filtering cannot be bypassed for wireless users. To contest a blocked website’s rating, contact the system administrator at email@example.com.
• Library staff members cannot provide technical assistance. Users must configure their own laptops and should consult their laptop manual for instructions.
• The library cannot guarantee that users will be able to connect to the wireless network.
• The library assumes no responsibility for any loss or damages done directly or indirectly to personal data or equipment, or for any damage or injury arising from loss of privacy while using the wireless connection.
• The wireless network is not secure. Exercise caution when sending or receiving personal data over wireless connections.
• The library reserves the right to limit bandwidth usage on the wireless network.