Three current openings:
- Custodian (Waycross)
- Branch Manager (Baxley)
OKEFENOKEE REGIONAL LIBRARY SYSTEM (OKRLS)
CUSTODIAN- WAYCROSS-WARE COUNTY PUBLIC LIBRARY, WAYCROSS, GA
19 HOURS PER WEEK, $10.00 per hour
Under the supervision of the Branch Manager, this part-time position is responsible for cleaning the building and grounds of the Waycross-Ware County Public Library. Hours are Monday through Friday from 7:30 – 11:30 am.
The following duties are normal for this position. The omission of specific statements of the duties does not exclude them from the classification if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment for this classification. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Clean all bathrooms daily: clean and disinfect toilets inside and out, clean walls of stalls, clean and disinfect sinks, clean mirrors, disinfect drains once a month, restock paper dispensers, clean and disinfect door handles.
- Vacuum the carpeted areas.
- Sweep hard floors (and mop as needed).
- Empty all trash receptacles.
- Wipe down the circulation desk and shelving in the adult and children’s areas as needed.
- Wipe down tables in public areas.
- Clean glass in entry doors,
- Pick up litter from the sidewalks and parking lot; use leaf blower on sidewalks.
- Dust/clean windows and blinds on a rotating basis.
- Dust/clean public computer tables and equipment.
- Other cleaning as assigned by the Branch Manager.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Ability to learn and use the library’s custodial equipment and cleaning materials.
- Ability and willingness to understand and carry out oral and written instructions, and to follow through on numerous details in an orderly, systematic fashion.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision.
- Work typically involves moving, using, and adjusting a variety of equipment and materials.
- Occasional lifting up to 50 pounds and other strenuous physical activities; requires sustained operation of cleaning equipment such as vacuum cleaners, mop buckets, etc.
- Work includes exposure to cleaning chemicals, debris and dust.
High school education or GED. Previous paid custodian experience required. Background check conducted prior to employment.
Please send cover letter and resume to WWCPL Custodian Job, Okefenokee Regional Library System, 401 Lee Avenue, Waycross, GA 31501 or email documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All documents must be received by 5 pm on Friday, 6/16/2017
OKEFENOKEE REGIONAL LIBRARY SYSTEM (OKRLS)
BRANCH MANAGER: APPLING COUNTY PUBLIC LIBRARY, BAXLEY, GA
36-40 HOURS PER WEEK, $13.00 per hour
The successful candidate must have a strong commitment to customer service and possess an above average proficiency with computers and library-related technologies.
Under supervision of the Regional Library Director, this position will manage the daily operations of the Appling County Public Library and supervise a staff of three library clerks. This position will work closely with regional librarians and staff to coordinate circulation, programming, and collection development. The Branch Manager must be able to ensure effective exchange of communication among patrons, staff and community organizations. Sound judgement, professional integrity, and exceptional problem-solving skills required.
As Branch Manager, you will be the face of the Appling County Public Library; interacting through outreach with local community organizations, such as the Friends of the Appling County Public Library, as well as city and county government officials, local educational professionals, and various civic organizations. Professional demeanor and appearance is a must.
This position requires the ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time, the ability to do repetitive movements, such as typing, filing, data entry, use of a personal computer and other office equipment. Other requirements may include the physical ability to push and pull loaded book carts weighing up to 75 pounds and the ability to bend, stoop, reach and climb. Some light custodial duties may also be required, as needed.
High School diploma or GED required. Two years (minimum) supervision/management experience required. Applicant must have ability to run library branch independently while adhering to regional policies. Valid Georgia Driver’s License required. Previous library experience preferred and college certificate, diploma, or degree preferred.
36-40 hours per week at $13.00 per hour, state health and retirement benefits provided.
Background check conducted prior to employment.
Apply by submitting a resume, cover letter and three professional references by close of business June 16, 2017 to:
Library Manager Search Committee
Okefenokee Regional Library System
401 Lee Avenue
Waycross, Georgia 31501
or e-mail (preferred method):
Okefenokee Regional Library System is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Employment Eligibility Verification
|Okefenokee Regional Library System has an official agreement (ID# 638770), effective February 1, 2013, with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify).
(Posting required by OCGA 13-10-91)