Two current openings:
- Library Clerk (Homerville)
- Custodian (Waycross)
OKEFENOKEE REGIONAL LIBRARY SYSTEM (OKRLS)
LIBRARY CLERK- CLINCH COUNTY PUBLIC LIBRARY, HOMERVILLE, GA
25 HOURS PER WEEK, $9.00 per hour
Under the general direction of the Branch Manager, carries out clerical duties in all departments at the Clinch County Public Library. Strong Customer Service Skills and experience using computers and software in a work environment are mandatory.
Assist with daily operation of the branch library. Assist patrons checking in/out library material. Create user accounts for new patrons. Collect fines and payments for library materials.
Help patrons locate materials. Shelve library materials. Assist with the opening/closing of branch library.
Perform other duties as assigned by the branch manager.
The position involves daily customer interaction. Applicant should be dependable, personable, trust-worthy and of high moral character. Demonstrated problem solving and multi-tasking skills are essential.
Must possess at least a High School diploma or GED with some customer service experience.
Using computers and standard office equipment for extended periods of time. Moving and lifting/rolling up to 40 lbs. Sitting/Standing for extended periods of time.
May be required to work evenings and on weekends. Required periodic participation and attendance at events and training. Must be able to pass a background check.
Please send cover letter and resume to CCPL Clerk Job, Okefenokee Regional Library System, 401 Lee Avenue, Waycross, GA 31501 or email documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All documents must be received by 5 pm on Friday, 5/26/2017.
OKEFENOKEE REGIONAL LIBRARY SYSTEM (OKRLS)
CUSTODIAN- WAYCROSS-WARE COUNTY PUBLIC LIBRARY, WAYCROSS, GA
19 HOURS PER WEEK, $10.00 per hour
Under the supervision of the Branch Manager, this part-time position is responsible for cleaning the building and grounds of the Waycross-Ware County Public Library. Hours are Monday through Friday from 7:30 – 11:30 am.
The following duties are normal for this position. The omission of specific statements of the duties does not exclude them from the classification if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment for this classification. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Clean all bathrooms daily: clean and disinfect toilets inside and out, clean walls of stalls, clean and disinfect sinks, clean mirrors, disinfect drains once a month, restock paper dispensers, clean and disinfect door handles.
- Vacuum the carpeted areas.
- Sweep hard floors (and mop as needed).
- Empty all trash receptacles.
- Wipe down the circulation desk and shelving in the adult and children’s areas as needed.
- Wipe down tables in public areas.
- Clean glass in entry doors,
- Pick up litter from the sidewalks and parking lot; use leaf blower on sidewalks.
- Dust/clean windows and blinds on a rotating basis.
- Dust/clean public computer tables and equipment.
- Other cleaning as assigned by the Branch Manager.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Ability to learn and use the library’s custodial equipment and cleaning materials.
- Ability and willingness to understand and carry out oral and written instructions, and to follow through on numerous details in an orderly, systematic fashion.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision.
- Work typically involves moving, using, and adjusting a variety of equipment and materials.
- Occasional lifting up to 50 pounds and other strenuous physical activities; requires sustained operation of cleaning equipment such as vacuum cleaners, mop buckets, etc.
- Work includes exposure to cleaning chemicals, debris and dust.
High school education or GED. Previous paid custodian experience required. Background check conducted prior to employment.
Please send cover letter and resume to WWCPL Custodian Job, Okefenokee Regional Library System, 401 Lee Avenue, Waycross, GA 31501 or email documents to email@example.com.
All documents must be received by 5 pm on Friday, 6/16/2017
Okefenokee Regional Library System is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Employment Eligibility Verification
|Okefenokee Regional Library System has an official agreement (ID# 638770), effective February 1, 2013, with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify).
(Posting required by OCGA 13-10-91)