Position Title: DIRECTOR
|FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports To: Regional Board of Trustees
Positions Supervised: Professional and Managerial Staff, Administration Staff, and Contract Employees
Directs the operations of all departments and supervises all professional staff, contract employees and managers in branches of the Library System.
Essential Position Functions
- Ability to effectively collaborate with library professionals to develop direction for resources and services in all library branches.
- Works closely with professionals and branch managers to coordinate circulation, programming and collection development functions.
- Works closely with accounting consultant and business manager to direct and control expenditures of all fund allocations.
- Prepares annual budgets and statistical reports for all system branches as required on finances and presents information to appropriate board committees and funding agencies.
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with the community and staff.
- Develops and recommends policy upgrades and changes as needed to the library board.
- Ensures effective exchange of communication among departments and between libraries.
- Directs and participates in all personnel actions.
- Represents library system at all county library board meetings and state functions as required.
- Actively researches and applies for grant opportunities.
- Master’s Degree in Library Science from an ALA accredited university
- Five years minimum library experience
- Current State of Georgia Librarian Certification
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Understanding of principles and practices of public library and public administration functions
- Ability to make unbiased decisions in an environment of limited resources
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with board, staff, library partners, officials of other agencies, and the general public
- Competency with various computer skills and comfort in learning new technologies
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations
- Valid Georgia Driver’s license
- Must have or be able to obtain current State of Georgia Librarian Certification
- Experience in Library Administration
- Ability to use computers and standard office equipment for extended periods of time
- Able to move and lift up to 40 lbs
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to perform repetitive movements such as typing, reaching, bending or climbing
- Majority of work performed in general office/library environment
- Required availability for extended hours if needed
- Required evenings and/or weekends if needed
- Required periodic participation and attendance at events and training
This description is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, skills, or working conditions associated with this position. This description is subject to review and change at any time in accordance with the needs of the Okefenokee Regional Library System. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable someone with a qualifying disability to perform the essential functions of the position.
Apply by 5:00 PM October 27, 2017 by submitting a resume, cover letter and three references to:
Director Search Committee
Okefenokee Regional Library System
401 Lee Avenue
Waycross, Georgia 31501
or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Okefenokee Regional Library System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All successful applicants must pass a criminal background check.
Employment Eligibility Verification
|Okefenokee Regional Library System has an official agreement (ID# 638770), effective February 1, 2013, with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify).
(Posting required by OCGA 13-10-91)