The second annual OkeCon will feature the second annual Cosplay Contest! Cosplay costumes can be inspired by any character or show. Show off your creativity and fan spirit with your best costume as an individual or part of a group. Please read the rules and regulations carefully to make sure your costume follows the guidelines. Pre-registration will ensure you have a spot in the Contest, but walk-up registrations will also be accepted, time permitting.
OkeCon is on Saturday, May 6th, 2017. The Contest will be held in the Program Room, next to the Cosplay Cafe. Participants are welcome to wait in the Cafe, talk and take pictures until their name/s is called to be seen by the judges. Of course, all are welcome to dress up without participating in the Contest, but costumes must still adhere to the Rules for appropriateness.
Contest time is TBD.
Rules & Regulations
Cosplay Contest Rules:
- Cosplay participants can cosplay any character that they want from any genre whether it’s an anime, manga, games, comic books, movies, animation, video games, etc. Original characters are also acceptable.
- Contestants can only enter in one category, Individual or Group. Due to the unpredictable size of groups, a prize for each member cannot be guaranteed.
- Interested cosplay participants can register on the day of the event, but registering by May 1st will guarantee inclusion in the Contest.
- Cosplayers under eighteen (18) years of age as of May 6th, 2017 must have their parent and/or legal guardian sign the waiver/image release form at the event.
- Costumes deemed inappropriate or indecent (ie. exposes private parts) are prohibited. Scantily clad and/or sexy costumes are allowed but not encouraged. Cosplay organizers and the cosplay management team have the right to disqualify any participant on this ground.
- All kinds of costume props must be handled with care and must not have the potential for harm to fellow cosplayers, event staff, event attendees, or library property. Any kind of sharp and/or bladed objects that could cut human flesh are strictly prohibited. Any kind of pyrotechnic equipment that could render damage to the venue and/or property is strictly prohibited. For safety reasons, the following are not allowed:
- Live animals
- Substances which might damage or soil
- Aerosol sprays
- Projectiles of any kind
- Waycross-Ware County Public Library and/or event organizers will not be held responsible for damage or injury of participants, costumes or props throughout the duration of the event.
- The Cosplay Café & Contest event organizers along with Waycross-Ware Library staff reserve the right to disqualify any cosplayer who ignores and/or violates any of the aforementioned rules or for any other reason deemed sufficient at the sole discretion of the staff.
- The judges’ decisions are final and cannot be appealed or negotiated.